Vegetables that grow together often taste great together. Combining a slew of in-season summer vegetables with tender fresh herbs is an easy way to guarantee an amazing salad.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 – 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 6 small Yukon Gold potatoes, cooked and chilled
- 1 ear of fresh sweet corn, raw
- 3 cups fresh arugula, torn or cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 large leaves of fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Smokey Blue cheese
- In a medium bowl combine the minced shallot, red wine vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, kosher salt and black pepper. Whisk in the extra virgin olive oil. Set aside.
- Dice the tomatoes and cooked potatoes into 1-inch pieces. Place in a large salad bowl. Cut sweet corn off of the cob and add to the tomatoes and potatoes along with the arugula and chopped fresh basil.
- Just before you are ready to serve the salad, pour the vinaigrette dressing over the vegetables and toss to coat. Sprinkle with crumbled Smokey Blue cheese.
Nutrients per serving: 201 calories, 9 g total fat, 2 g saturated fat, 4 mg cholesterol, 195 mg sodium, 28 g total carbohydrates, 3 g dietary fiber, 5 g sugars, 4 g protein. Estimated cost per serving: $1.15